Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Forgetting & Forgiving

The reason I'm writing on forgiveness, I got to remind myself to be practicing it big time.

Besides consciously trying to forget my past grudges, they sometimes show up when I meet or think of the person involved. And I particularly have to learn to forgive, to maintain the relationship. There are some relationships where irrespective the kind of people they are, we can't let go of them just because they messed up with us or keep messing up with us. Considering the fact that the relationship is important to us, it is up to us to change ourselves, so their actions dont affect us.

You may wonder, why do we have to maintain any relationship if so much is involved in it. You cant divorce your spouse just because he went against you sometimes. You cant throw your parents out just because they did something to you that you hated. You cant ditch your best friend for some stupid thing she did to you. Its ideal to put yourself in their shoes and think in their terms. They might also not like something in us.

It is unfair to think we are perfect in every angle and that others would have to accommodate with us.  Each one of us is different in our own ways, so instead of asking someone else to change, its good to look into us first. It works easier that way too.

Also retaliation can only make things worse. Instead if we are gonna forget and forgive, chances are that they realize whatever they're doing against us is not affecting us in anyway, and might even stop annoying us.

Most important, our inner peace increases if we let go of the hatred.

Easier said than done, let me see if I succeed in my try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment