Sunday, May 29, 2011

Let go of the past, you are what you choose to be NOW!

This is what I consider the most important message in the movie, "Kung Fu Panda 2". Po, the panda, was under the impression that his father was the goose, until he started thinking who he really was and how would a goose be a Panda's dad. Since then, he started having vague nightmares of his mom and dad, but nothing was clear to him. When he went in search Shen, the peacock, who was determined to destroy the whole of China, he met up with a master, the goat, who revealed Po's past.

Shen was conquering a village where the Pandas were living, and during the struggle, Po's dad had to abandon Po in order to save him. The goose found Po and brought him up like his own son. On hearing the story of his past Po freaks out, which is when the goat says "Let go of the past, you are what you choose to be".

Letting go of the past, is one important virtue that I think all of us must cultivate. It not only helps us, but also the people around us. I have experienced this a lot of times. When I have the past grudges in mind, my approach drastically changes. And holding bad memories of the past in interactions with the concerned people, only increases the animosity.

I tried doing this instead. I slowly tried getting rid of bad memories involving someone. It did wade away little by little, and with time, the memories didn't matter to me anymore. Of course, I've not succeeded in winning over all my bad memories as yet, working on it, though.

Also, celebrating the bad past of a person, decreases the chance to change himself for the better, instead it provokes him more and might change him for the worse. Instead, just let go, and if he really changes for good, please welcome.

Another important message in the film is about inner peace. "Anything is possible with inner peace". The biggest excuse that I've been giving is not starting to meditate. I've heard and read that connecting to ourselves is an experience by itself. I'm not sure what prevents me from doing it, but I'm mentioning it here, so I'm forced to do it. Will keep you posted on how it goes :)

And Po meeting Shen close to the village he was born, makes me ponder a lot about destiny, which is again debatable and am not much talking about now, maybe in the future, if I am destined to ;)

On our walk back home after the movie, I was told that the Panda might have been chosen as the dragon warrior to signify "Tao"(black and white), might be true, as there was the symbol of Tao in a couple of places in the movie.

Watching children laugh at the cinemas, made me laugh more. Heights of creativity, lots of humor and highest level of message conveyed, make this movie a wholesome package. The movie ended with Po's dad saying "My son is alive", which makes me wait for a sequel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment